To provide education and quality nutritional care for all patients. Instruct patients, significant others and special groups on therapeutic diets and basic nutrition as prescribed by physician and surgeons. Works with other members of the patient care team to deliver care to patients in age groups including newborn, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Act as a resource person in the area of clinical nutrition for medical staff, other hospital personnel and the community. Initiates appropriate measures to inform the public regarding the availability of the program, identifies educational needs and plans / implements programs to meet the identified needs.
1. B.S. Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Service Management or related sciences.
2. Completion from an approved American Dietetic Association Internship or Coordinated Undergraduate Program.
3. Graduate Dietitian and Registered Dietitian enter an orientation program outlined by the department for assigned units.
1. Demonstrated competence in teaching and in applying principles of teaching/learning processes.
2. Demonstrated competence in skills of communicating, leadership and creativity with groups.
3. Certification as a Diabetes Educator or willingness to become certified and sit for exam within 12 months.
4. Microsoft Office computer skills required; to include word, excel.
5. Two or more years of experience preferred.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers