Robert Packer Hospital
Works in collaboration with the Skills & Simulation Lab Medical Director and Coordinator and is responsible for the people, quality, service, growth, and financial management of the Clinical Skills & Simulation Laboratory.
Coordinate the skills laboratory activities, including
a.organizing teaching activities and simulations for all residency programs
b.planning short and long term expansion of the skills lab equipment and transitional systems
c.maintaining an inventory of supplies, equipment, and learning resources;
d.ensuring compliance with OSHA standards of safety rules and regulations; working with all learners in skills practice, demonstration, simulation, and remediation.
Masters Degree Required, either Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Masters of Education degree (M. Ed) (MA. Ed) (MS. Ed)
a. If, Masters in Nursing, BSN from ACEN or CCNE Accredited Institution with additional prior certification in CNE or CNOR or CCRN, preferred
b. If, Masters in Education, five to ten years healthcare experience, preferred
• Candidate must obtain Certified Hospital Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) Certification within 3 to 5 years of job acceptance.
Other education and experience highly considered:
• Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – CCNE accredited organization with additional experience in
a. ICU, PACU, or operating room experience of 2 years or more.
b. Prior teaching experience of 2 years or more
c. Licensed in PA and credentialed by a nationally recognized certifying body.
• Physician Assistant (PA) -Certified PA who graduated from ARC-PA accredited programs.
a. Two years of clinical experience, especially in inpatient care, is preferred.
b. Licensed in Pennsylvania and must be certified by the NCCPA.
• Nurse Practitioner (NP) – BSN from ACEN or CCNE Accredited Institution and advanced practitioner certification from the AANPCB or the ANCC.
a. Advance NP training with acute care concentration is preferred
b. Applicants with additional experience in ICU, PACU, or ER will be given priority.
c. Must be licensed in the state of Pennsylvania and credentialed by a nationally recognized certifying body.
• Biomedical Engineer with five years of healthcare experience preferred
1. Recent classroom and clinical teaching experience in the last five years,
2. Knowledge of surgical instruments, laparoscopic instruments, and equipment,
3. Knowledge physiologic monitoring systems.
4. Experience with simulation in a simulation laboratory
5. Experience with Robotic and Laparoscopic systems.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers