Guthrie Cortland Medical Center (GCMC) is searching for a compassionate & dedicated Registered Nurse to help manage our busy Maternity/Nursery/Labor & Delivery department. The position is per diem, on night shift, and includes 1 weekend shift every 4 weeks or 24 hours of weekend time every 8 weeks. The per diem holiday requirement is 1 major and 1 minor holiday per year.
Our L&D department has been described by our staff as having a special environment with strong bond between the nurses while providing a positive influence to their patients.Perks of Being an RN @ Guthrie:
Who We Are:
- Increased Per Diem Rates
- Large Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shift
- Comprehensive Orientation and Nurses Training
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Friendly, Supportive and Diverse Work Family
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Free On-Site Parking
- Fantastic Onsite Coffee Shop
GCMC is an independent, nonprofit, 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility. We joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019 but for over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care!What Our RNs Do:
Responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Directs and guides patient teaching and the activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Performs patient assessment and documents accurately in a timely manner per nursing and department policy.
What it Takes to be a RN at GCMC:
- Monitors patient as appropriate for condition, status, and safety according to nursing department policy.
- Performs safe administration and complete documentation of medications, IV fluids, and blood products in accordance with nursing policy
- Assist providers in performing procedures and treatments per unit, department specific and hospital policy.
- Graduate of accredited registered professional nursing program with an AAS or Diploma in Nursing.
- Entry level-graduate per Education requirements
- Or Entry level-1 year of medical-surgical nursing preferred
- Current NYS registration/license or limited permit to perform as a registered professional nurse or graduate nurse
- Current BLS-CPR certification required.