Guthrie Cortland Medical Center (GCMC) is searching for a skilled & knowledgeable Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) to help manage our busy Assistant Nurse Manager. The position is full time, on day shift, and typically works from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM or 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. The schedule is Monday - Friday
Our ED department has been described by our staff as having a caring & comforting environment with an incredible team that feels like family. Our ED is fast-paced but has a strong focus on teaching and learning which the Assistant Nurse Manager will have a big part in facilitating.Perks of Being an Asst. Nurse Manager @ Guthrie:
Who We Are:
- $15,000 Sign-On Bonuses (full time)
- Increased RN Rates
- Large Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shift
- Medical, and Dental Insurance effective the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Generous PTO Package
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Up to $7,500 annually towards Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Orientation and Nurses Training
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Friendly, Supportive and Diverse Work Family
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Free On-Site Parking
- Fantastic Onsite Coffee Shop
GCMC is an independent, nonprofit, 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility. We joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019 but for over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care!What Our Asst. Nurse Managers Do:
Assists with oversight of daily operations of nursing units including but not limited to staffing, assisting staff to prioritize tasks. Assists with patient care, patient concerns/complaints. Provides Administrative support to the Director of Critical Care and Emergency Services.
What it Takes to be a RN at GCMC:
- Assists with recruiting, hiring and training staff.
- Assists with planning, development and implementation of process improvement projects.
- Assist with policy review and development.
- Represent the unit in hospital meetings, seminars and other functions.
- Assist with performance feedback to staff as needed.
- Assumes responsibility of the unit in the absence of the Director.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Nursing preferred
- A minimum of 5years nursing experience specifically in emergency and critical care/PCU experiences.
- Management/leadership experience preferred but not exclusionary
- New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification, ACLS certification, PALS Certification
- Prefer TNCC, ENPC, CCRN and CEN