The Epic Clinical Systems Analyst I is responsible for the implementation, development, programming and overall support of the clinical systems. The Epic Clinical Systems Analysts I will work closely with the vendor and end-users to develop and enhance the software to increase overall needs of the organization. They are also responsible for thoroughly testing all system upgrades, system changes prior to go-live and work with the end-users to test and determine the impact on workflow, reporting, etc. of the upgrade/change. The Epic Clinical Analyst I will be responsible for the coordination of test plans, engaging the end users in the development of test plans, documenting changes/updates to the test plan and making necessary changes to the system. Acts as a liaison between the end-user community and the IT department.Skills:
- Basic knowledge of principles of software design and modification, basic computer skills, and a basic knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Aptitude for details: demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills; able to mediate conflicts; self-starter; able to meet deadlines; and maintain meticulous documentation.
- Analytical skills to translate clinical workflow into the functional build process.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks is essential.
- Strong customer service and user support skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to express opportunities for improvement and innovative ways to improve the use of the clinical systems supported
- Ability to teach computer applications to people with varying degrees of computer experience.
- Ability to facilitate complex workflow discussions and collaborate to conclusion.
- Ability to advocated on behalf of The Guthrie Clinic to the vendors and drive to solutions and feel comfortable escalating timely both internal as well as external with the vendor
- Ability to understand the national and state HIT direction and this positions role to help organization achieve its goals
- Ability to deliver presentations to a diverse group of key stakeholders and customers
- Bachelors degree
- In lieu of Bachelors degree currently licensed healthcare professionals (ie, RN's, Social Workers, etc) or an Associate's degree and 1 year of health care experience may be considered
- High school diploma or GED and 2 years of experience with healthcare information systems may be considered