Guthrie Cortland Medical Center (GCMC) is searching for a skilled & knowledgeable Nursing Supervisor (RN) to help manage our busy Medical Center in Cortland, NY. The position is per diem and requires 1 weekend shift every 4 weeks or 24 hours of weekend time every 8 weeks. The per diem holiday requirement is 1 major and 1 minor holiday per year.Perks of Being a Nursing Supervisor (RN) @ Guthrie:
Who We Are:
- Increased Per Diem Rates
- Large Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shift
- Comprehensive Orientation and Nurses Training
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Friendly, Supportive and Diverse Work Family
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Free On-Site Parking
- Fantastic Onsite Coffee Shop
GCMC is an independent, nonprofit, 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility. We joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019 but for over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care!What Our Nursing Supervisors Do:
Under Administrative direction, will supervise and coordinate activities of Nursing personnel on their respective tour of duty, and to maintain continuity of Nursing care. Also, assists Nurse Managers in the development and evaluation of their respective Nursing personnel. Responsible for operation of Hospital when Hospital Administration is not present.
What it Takes to be a Nursing Supervisor at GCMC:
- Directs and supervises nursing and hospital staff on respective shifts.
- Acts as central control for patient flow.
- Review patient transfers to other facilities and signs off on patient transfer forms.
- Serves as clinical resource for Infection Control and prevention in the absence of the Infection Control Preventionist.
- Bachelor of Nursing strongly preferred
- At least 5 years acute care clinical nursing experience and at least 2 years charge nurse or supervisory experience.
- Ability to manage multiple events and tasks at one time and the ability to prioritize demands/tasks. Positive interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to make vital decisions with ease.
- New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current BLS-CPR required, ACLS preferred