GMG - Specialty - Ithaca
This position will require regional travel to other Guthrie locations for initial training purposes, but will ultimately be in Ithaca once the new office opens.
Guthrie is looking for passionate people ready to collaborate, develop and be leaders. As the Director of Practice Operations for Guthrie’s new Ithaca Specialties Medical Office, you will join a nationally recognized health care system, playing an integral part in the success of supporting the community health needs in the greater Ithaca area.
What will I do?
- Oversee the daily operations of several medical and surgical specialty clinics.
- Proactively develop and deliver an outstanding patient experience.
- Play an integral role in the operational opening of Guthrie’s new 60,000 square foot, state -of- the-art, medical office building.
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining open two-way communication with patients, physicians, advance practice providers, nurses, clinicians, and operational support staff.
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure daily operations run efficiently for the team.
- Lead employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or closely related field combined with a minimum of 5 years of practice management.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or closely related field.
- Practical working knowledge of the multi-specialty group practice provider model.
- Background and experience demonstrating financial acumen and business analytics skill.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5 or more years of experience leading an integrated, multidisciplinary approach in the delivery of patient care in a multi-specialty model is highly desirable.
- Formal training in lean methodology/ performance management to maximize operational efficiency, especially within a healthcare environment.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers