Basic Life Support
Certified Athletic Trainer
Certified Athletic Trainer-NY
Certified Athletic Trainer-PA
The certified athletic trainer is a licensed allied healthcare professional whose primary concern is the optimal health of student athletes and physically active individuals. Under the direction of a physician, they specialize in injury prevention, injury evaluation and management, emergency situations, rehabilitation, and returning the athlete to play safely and quickly. The certified athletic trainer will be assigned to provide outreach athletic training services to high school & Jr high school athletics at contracted schools.
- Graduate of a CAATE accredited bachelor's or master's degree program
- BOC certified and in good standing
- Current licensure in the state of primary practice is required. Current dual licensure in New York and Pennsylvania ia preferred.
- Experience with adolescent athletic population preferred
- Current CPR/AED for the professional rescuer or equivalent
1. Thorough knowledge of sports medicine, athletic training, orthopedics and related aspects of physical therapy, as determined by the Director of Rehabilitation Services. 2. Requires moderate degree of physical activity, including bending, stooping, reaching, lifting while being on your feet most of the time. 3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all customers of department, in order to interact effectively with employees, patients, medical staff and the public. 4. High ethical standards with respect to discretion and confidentiality.5. Ability to conduct themselves professionally at all times. 6. Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers