Guthrie Cortland Medical Center (GCMC) is searching for compassionate & dedicated Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to help manage our busy Resident Care Facility. The position is part time, on evening shift, and typically works from 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
Guthrie Cortland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is committed to providing excellent care for our community at every stage of life. Our 80-bed nursing and rehabilitation center offers a full spectrum of care in a relaxed, friendly setting.Perks of Being an LPN @ Guthrie:
Who We Are:
- Increased LPN Rates
- Large Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shift
- Medical, and Dental Insurance effective the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Generous PTO Package
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Up to $7,500 annually towards Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Orientation and Nurses Training
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Friendly, Supportive and Diverse Work Family
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Free On-Site Parking
- Fantastic Onsite Coffee Shop
GCMC is an independent, nonprofit, 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility. We joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019 but for over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care!What Our LPNs Do:
Responsible for the delivery of Short-Term Rehab and/or Long-Term Residential Care through the nursing process of planning, implementation, and evaluation. Guides resident teaching and the activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
What it Takes to be an LPN at GCMC:
- Provides safe and accurate nursing care and other therapeutic measures according to policy and procedures.
- Monitors residents as appropriate for condition, status, and safety according to nursing policy.
- Performs safe administration and complete documentation of medications in accordance with nursing policy.
- Completes resident education as necessary and documents all education provided. Provides discharge instructions and gives accurate information.
- Graduate of a licensed practical nursing program with a certificate in nursing
- Entry level graduate of licensed practical nursing program and licensed or a permit in New York State.
- Current NYS registration/license as a Licensed Practical Nurse required
- Current BLS-CPR Certification required