Guthrie Cortland Medical Center (GCMC) is searching for compassionate & dedicated Registered Nurses (RN) to help manage our busy Resident Care Facility. The position is part time, on evening shift, and typically works from 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
Guthrie Cortland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is committed to providing excellent care for our community at every stage of life. Our 80-bed nursing and rehabilitation center offers a full spectrum of care in a relaxed, friendly setting.Perks of Being an RN @ Guthrie:
Who We Are:
- $7,500 Sign-On Bonuses (part time)
- Increased RN Rates
- Large Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shift
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, And Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Up to $7,500 annually towards Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Orientation and Nurses Training
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Friendly, Supportive and Diverse Work Family
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Free On-Site Parking
- Fantastic Onsite Coffee Shop
GCMC is an independent, nonprofit, 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility. We joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019 but for over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care!What Our RNs Do:
Responsible for delivery of patient/resident care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Directs and guides patient/resident teaching and the activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
What it Takes to be a RN at GCMC:
- Performs patient/resident assessment and documents accurately in a timely manner per nursing and department policy.
- Monitors patient/resident as appropriate for condition, status, and safety according to department policy.
- Performs safe administration and complete documentation of medications in accordance with nursing policy.
- Contributes to or initiates discharge plan upon day of admission and participates in interdisciplinary planning.
- Completes all pre-discharge checklist items.
- Graduate of accredited registered professional nursing program with an AAS or Diploma in Nursing.
- Entry level-graduate per Education requirements
- Or Entry level-1 year of medical-surgical nursing preferred
- Current NYS registration/license or limited permit to perform as a registered professional nurse or graduate nurse
- Current BLS-CPR certification required.