The Educator is a Registered Nurse with clinical expertise who serves as a preceptor and educator to hospital staff in order to develop their competencies in the specialty. The educator understands and adheres to GCMC's compliance standards as they appear in GCMC's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.Minimum Requirements:
- Current New York State registration or permit as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- 3+ years of Critical Care, Emergency Dept or Medical/Surgical work experience
- The ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Needs to have strong clinical skills in Emergency/Critical Care nursing.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use the computer for documentation and interpretation purposes.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to work with staff and patients with varied levels of knowledge and skill.
- The ability to schedule, organize and run competency drills.
- The ability to set up yearly competencies and credential staff.
Current New York State registration as a Registered Professional Nurse.