The Guthrie Clinic
Supervises and directs all business office activity. Investigates billing and collection questions. Makes decisions and communicates with various departments and agencies as they relate to billing activity. Works closely with other staff, vendors, and other departments to promote efficiency within the department and ensure adherence to best billing practices. Providing leadership and oversight of employees. The Supervisor of the Hospital Business Office provides leadership to the Hospital Business Office staff and ensures all functions and staff follow applicable Guthrie policies and procedures, quality standards, contractual obligations and applicable laws and regulations.
High school graduate with courses in Bookkeeping, Math, English; some college courses with Business Law and Accounting preferred.
Minimum of two years experience in hospital billing, collection and registration. Knowledge of legal aspects of collections, preferably relative to the health care environment. Knowledge and understanding of insurance billing.
1. Fairness and diplomacy in dealing with employees.
2. Ability to make decisions and deal with a variety of detail.
3. Considerable initiative and judgment involved in solving complex personnel problems.
4. Discretion with regard to safe guarding confidential information.
5. Ability to perform all requirements of the position in a manner which precludes the possibility of
questions regarding the ethical standards of the individual.
6. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with employees, staff members, members of
Administrative team, Board members, physicians, members of community, patient and governmental
7. Fully supports and utilizes the principles of Total Quality and acts as a role model.
8. Ability to act and function as the manager of the department in all areas during the absence of the
patient accounts manager.
9. Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers