This position is part of the Corning Hospital Bargaining Unit.
Responsible for preparation of assigned menu items according to standard recipes and department procedures. Maintains work area in sanitary condition. Possesses a general knowledge of all cook positions. Must understand the HACCP/Food Safety Program. (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Ability to read, write, and follows verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Completion of a formal technical school specializing in hotel or institutional cooking preferred.
- One to four years in hospital, institutional or restaurant
- Must possess high ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality.
- May be required to work holidays, weekends and shifts/times other than that which is regularly assigned.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers