Provides general support tasks (clinical and non-clinical) for the Emergency Department. Works with other members of the patient care team to deliver care to patients in age groups including newborns, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. In addition, the Care Partner will maintain competency levels defined for the age groups specific to the patient care area with consideration to physical, communication, safety, nutrition, and psychosocial needs under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- High School Graduate/GED and/or successful completion of a competency assessment in reading, writing, and math.
- Graduate of a Nurse Assistant training program, Nurse Assistant with prior hospital experience, or completion of first semester of nursing school, preferred.
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions to do basic measurements and record data.
- Requires moderate degree of physical activity. Including bending, stooping, standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, walking, and some pulling. Occasionally lift 50 pounds, and/or frequently lift 25-50 pounds, and/or constantly lifts 10-20 pounds. Sitting for extended periods of time or being on your feet most of the time, may be required depending on the assignment.
- High ethical standards with respect to discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to conduct self professionally at all times.
- Must be able to assist patients with bed mobility, transfers, and ambulation with assistive devices utilizing proper body mechanics at all times.
- Must be friendly and a team player that fosters a teamwork approach.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
Previous patient care experience preferred, but not required
Employment Value Proposition
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers