Days 12 hr
Respiratory Therapist - NY
Performs with minimal supervision, therapeutic procedures to include oxygen and other medical gas therapy/administration, administration of aerosolized medications through established modalities, implements and monitors established departmental protocols and/or organizational clinical pathways, patient assessment (chest auscultation, oximetry, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, clinical and subjective observations), diagnostic procedures (arterial puncture, pulmonary function testing, end-tidal CO2 monitoring, ECG), CPAP and NPPV, ventilator support and management and patient/family education relative to respiratory disease processes, interventions and outcomes to hospitalized and outpatient clientele. Assists in providing multidisciplinary staff education relative to respiratory care.
1. Licensure by the State of New York as a Respiratory Therapist
2. Must have graduated from an approved Respiratory Care Program
3. Must have successfully completed Registry Exam through the National Board of Respiratory Care
4. Minimum of one (1)
1. Ability to make rapid, clinically sound decisions and deal with a variety of detail efficiently and
2. Demonstrates initiative and sound judgement involved in problem solving.
3. Ability to perform all job requirements in a manner which precludes question regarding individual’s
ethical standards and with discretion to safeguarding confidential material.
4. Must be able to function in an environment with minimal direct supervision and accept personal
responsibility for exhibiting professionalism in interactions with the organization and department’s internal
and external customers.
5. Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles.
6. May be required to work holidays, weekends or shifts other than which are considered normally
scheduled hours and/or provide on call coverage, if necessary.
Employment Value Proposition
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers