Guthrie Medical Group-Sayre
Days 8 hr
- Preps patient for Surgery.
- Assures presence of equipment and supplies in OR, according to Surgeon's directions, and arranges instruments.
- Assists the physician with the surgical procedures.
- Adjusts lights and equipment, as directed.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides, autoclave and sterilizer.
- May count sponges, needles and instruments used during surgery.
- Evaluates, examines, changes dressings, inserts catheters, removes catheters, etc., on clinic patients who are hospitalized or outpatients.
- Sets up and maintains examination rooms.
- Directs patient to exam room and prepares patient for exam or treatment.
- Determines height, weight, respirations, blood pressure, temperature, additional testing, and records same on chart.
- Interviews the patient to record history and allergies on chart.
- Attends physician during exam and treatment when requested.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Assists in clinical patient care, performing such duties as setting up for colposcopies, Leeps and endometrial biopsies, and in performing other procedures.
- Assists the physician by screening patient calls and providing the answers, when possible, and forwarding others onto the physician.
- Sets up and assists with outpatient tubal ligations and outpatient ablations.
- Answers telephone and performs other clerical functions as necessary (screens calls according to urgency and need.)
Graduate from an accredited School of Surgical Technology.
Experience preferred, by may be trained on-the-job, if recent graduate. Must have general knowledge of surgical procedures, and draw specialized training from working with physician or physicians on the job.
Employment Value Proposition
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers