This position is part of the Corning Hospital Bargaining Unit.
Days 8 hr
Responsible for preparing insurance billings pertaining to patient accounts; coordinates activities with all primaries, including RMSCO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Commercial, Compensation/No Fault, Medicaid and Medicare and all other insurance plan, and follow up with insurance companies to ensure timely payment.
High school graduate with courses in business.
- Knowledge of business and office machines, excel and word.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and coverage’s.
- Complete understanding of ICD-9 and CPT coding as it relates to billing.
- Proficient in typing and keyboarding skills. 50-60 WPM
- Ability to calculate percentages.
- Ability to comprehend insurance explanation of benefits.
- Knowledge of accounting practices (debit/credit transfers).
- Able to perform independently while interacting with wide cross section of community to include patients, physician offices, and insurance companies.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a very busy environment
- IDX experience mandatory.
- Ability to communicate/interact with wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous/tactful manner.
- Understanding of patient needs/rights.
- Discretion with regard to safeguarding confidential information.
- Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers