Nights - 12 hours
Provides high quality nursing care for assigned patients in a scientific and humanistic focus.
The Corning Hospital Registered Nurse utilizes a holistic systems approach to protect and promote client wellness and safety in the physiological, psychological, social-cultural, developmental and spiritual domains. Nursing interventions are interdisciplinary, age specific and are directed toward optimal wellness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes assessment (as per ICU unit policy).
- Develops plan of care based on assessment using Standards of Care as appropriate and per ICU unit policy.
- Evaluates and updates plan of care as indicated.
- Incorporate patient teaching program in plan of care and documents response.
- Documents all pertinent patient care information, performs appropriate reassessments and keeps documentation current.
- Follows Standard Precautions and utilizes disease specific precaution guidelines as per CDC guidelines.
- Follows hospital safety guidelines.
- Follows all hospital Policies and Procedures. Is authorized to access medications and storage areas in the performance of essential job functions and duties.
- Carries out MD orders as prescribed.
- Participates and actively supports CQI activities.
- Maintains bi-annual CPR and ACLS.
- Completes annual education update.
- Completes at least 10 hours continuing education annually.
- Maintains certification, if applicable.
- Demonstrates age specific competencies unit specific.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel to the department as well as developing skills of other staff members when requested or appropriate.
- Completes self learn education programs and inservices as required.
- Rotates as needed on all shifts and days as requested; regularly performs duties on an “on-call” basis and provides flexibility with scheduling.
- Demonstrates good judgement and planning when responding to requests or questions while interacting with physicians, patients, and families.
- Consistently shows good judgement by showing an appreciation of cost and quality.
- Reports any changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate personnel; accurately assesses life threatening treatment conditions and exercises independent judgement to implement life sustaining actions.
- Refers unsolved problems and consults with the appropriate person in order to pursue problem resolution through proper chain of command.
- Respects, at all times, the confidentiality of patient’s records, the progress, and utilizes complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Displays confidence and shows respect to patients, families, physicians, and other health care workers by performing job related duties in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Readily assists, supervises/delegates or consults with other staff members when requested or appropriate.
- Requests assistance from others when needed.
- Displays positive attitude/working relationships toward all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates ability and judgement to coordinate simultaneous work requirements. Completes all scheduled assignments without sacrificing quality of work performed.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize priorities and deal with them appropriately.
- Reports to and discusses with the departmental manager any suggestions or recommendations for improvement in department policies and procedures or operation.
- Willing to accept additional responsibilities and duties related to the operation of the department as permitted.
- Performs duties in an independent manner with little or no direct supervision.
- Schedules benefit time appropriately/acceptable attendance practice.
- Provides timely notification for absence or tardiness (4 hours for 3-11 and 11-7; 1 hour for 7-3).
- Takes appropriate breaks and returns promptly.
- Observes hospital dress code: Wears identification badge while on duty and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Consistently strives to be an effective and productive member of the department and of the organization.
Associates Degree RN
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, with NYS license.
- Critical experience preferred.
- CCRN Certification desired.
- BLS Certification.
- Two years medical/surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Coronary care course.
- Respiratory care course.
- Physical assessment course.
- Pressure monitoring experience.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers