Days/Rotate - 8 hr
Provides high quality nursing care for assigned patients in a scientific and humanistic focus.
The Corning Hospital Registered Nurse utilizes a holistic systems approach to protect and promote client wellness and safety in the physiological, psychological, social-cultural, developmental and spiritual domains. Nursing interventions are interdisciplinary, age specific and are directed toward optimal wellness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes assessment (as per ASU/PAT unit policy).
- Develops, initiates, evaluates, and updates plan of care based on assessment using Standards of Care as appropriate and per ASU/PACU Unit policies.
- Incorporates patient teaching program in plan of care and documents response.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of clinical computer systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adheres to all departmental and organizational policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Participates and actively supports Performance Improvement activities – identifying problems and working towards resolutions.
- Utilizes time to department’s best advantage and in a manner to achieve high quality work and services. Maximizes productivity and efficiency while containing cost.
- Responds to schedule/assignment changes quickly, demonstrating flexibility and good judgment in coordinating simultaneous work requirements.
- Reports any changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate personnel; accurately assesses life threatening treatment conditions and exercises independent judgment to implement life sustaining actions.
- Refers unsolved problems and consults with the appropriate person in order to pursue problem resolution through proper chain of command.
- Respects, at all times, the confidentiality of patient’s records, the progress, and utilizes complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Performs duties in an independent manner.
Associates Degree RN
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing with a current license to practice in the State of New York.
- 2 years med/surg nursing experience required / 1 year med/surg and 1 year critical experience preferred.
- ASU/PACU/OR experience preferred.
- Computer skills using Windows Based Programs and keyboarding skills required.
- Coronary Care course
- CPR current
- PAL’s certification preferred
- ACLS (see below competencies)
2 years med/surg nursing experience required / 1 year med/surg and 1 year critical experience preferred.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers