RN, BSN Preferred
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AT END OF ONE YEAR'S EMPLOYMENT:
- Demonstrates ability to independently assess, plan and implement care for all emergency patients at all levels of acuity.
- ACLS Certification.
- TNCC Certification.
- PALS Certification
Provides high quality nursing care for assigned patients in a scientific and humanistic focus.
The Corning Hospital Registered Nurse utilizes a holistic systems approach to protect and promote client wellness and safety in the physiological, psychological, social-cultural, developmental and spiritual domains. Nursing interventions are interdisciplinary, age specific and are directed toward optimal wellness.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AT END OF ORIENTATION:
- Completion of EPIC Training Class including competency exam.
- Demonstrates ability to independently assess, plan and implement care of all ED patients with the exception of major trauma and any other critical patient.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with the care of a major trauma and/or any other critically ill patient.
- Familiar with the operation and skilled in the use of all equipment in ED.
- Demonstrates proficiency with IV insertions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and location of all emergency medications and familiarity with drug dosage sheets.
- Demonstrates ability to assess, plan and implement care for the psychiatric patient and follow procedures for proper transfer to the appropriate facility.
- CPR certification.
- Demonstrates skill in use of the computer, especially demonstrates ability to log in patients, order tests, create discharge instructions.
- Completion of hospital and department specific orientation.
- Meets requirements for Corning Hospital Customer Service initiatives.
Associates Degree RN
- Graduate of approved registered nurse school of nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
- Two years RN Med/Surg experience required.
- Successful completion of an approved Coronary Care Course.
- Minimum 1 year Emergency and/or Critical Care Nursing preferred.
- Computer skills using Windows Based Programs and keyboarding skills required.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers