CPR / AED Certification
Cert Strength-Condtoning Spec
The Exercise Physiologist is responsible for providing quality member service in three primary member contact arenas; individual fitness program and exercise floor supervision, receptionist and public relations representative and membership sales representative. Cross-training and shift assignments will provide exercise physiologists the opportunity to interact with members at these critical contact points, assuring accurate, scientific lifestyle/health information distribution. Is responsible for providing new member screening, testing, exercise prescription, orientation, and fitness programs and services that enhance member retention. Will also be responsible for the member check-in process, point of sale functions, information dissemination, incoming telephone calls, membership inquiries, prospect tours, membership contract sale, member data and information gathering and meet or exceed sales performance goals. He/she will promote the consistent delivery of member/customer service.
1. Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology / Physical Education or related field.
2. Current certifications in health and fitness field from a nationally recognized certifying agency; ACSM (HFI) or
NSCA (CSCS) or scheduled to take exam within 3 months.
3. Current CPR and First Aid certifications required.
1. Minimum of two years experience in the health center environment preferred.
2. Must possess excellent public relations, communication, motivational and coaching skills.
3. Must possess competent knowledge of exercise principles, fitness testing, health risks and fitness program design.
4. Requires visual perception and the ability to hear and communicate.
5. Requires mobility to center and event locations.
6. Requires manual and finger dexterity.
7. Requires demonstration of equipment used for fitness training.
8. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds and maneuvering fitness equipment.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers