Robert Packer Hospital
Days 8 hr
Must have valid driver’s license required for travel to various facilities.
During orientation period, employee maybe required to participate in a "Powered industrial truck operators" course (#78-199 published by NIOSH) and be able to interpret and exercise all information and rules set forth in the regulations. This must be renewed by incumbent annually.
The Plant Operations Specialist performs a variety of maintenance and engineering duties for the Maintenance Department. Demonstrates cost effectiveness by proper use/care of equipment, appropriate and prudent use of supplies, accurately recording labor and supply charges appropriately utilizing available resources.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of trade school or five years comparable related experience.
- Must demonstrate skill in HVAC operation, maintenance repair, and basic understanding of other trades through on-the-job training.
- Must demonstrate skill in operation of power plant equipment, boilers, chillers, pumps, steam, hot water, compressed air, controls, medical gases, alarms, lighting, emergency power systems, plant maintenance methods, techniques, procedure, repair, and use of department equipment and supplies.
- Must have advanced knowledge of all applicable OSHA standards, i.e., Right-to-Know, Lock-out Tag-out, ladder safety, and other standards required.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to work alone to solve problems and/or when called upon and can take the lead on a given job with a mechanic.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated, detailed instructions in writing and orally for effective interaction with administrative, medical, and supervisory staff, patients, architects, contractors, and vendors.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers