Registered Nurse - NY
Provides high quality nursing care for assigned patients in a scientific and humanistic focus. The Corning Hospital Registered Nurse utilizes a holistic systems approach to protect and promote client wellness and safety in the physiological, psychological, social-cultural, developmental and spiritual domains. Nursing interventions are interdisciplinary, age specific and are directed toward optimal wellness. Registered Nurse will be patient centered, promote teamwork and strives for excellence.
Associates Degree RN
Required compentencies at end of orientation:
- Documentation meets Corning Hospital Policy and Procedure.
- Medication administration iv thereapy, blood administration.
- Familiar with Hospital and unit specific P&P and where to locate them.
- Completion of EPIC training class including competency exam.
- Able to demonstrate all equipment usage and perform electrocardiograms (PAT).
- Demonstrates ability to assess, plan, implement care for the pre and post operative patient of all ages.
- Familliar with emergency measures including fire and disaster plans, emergency call systems.
- Demonstrates ability to care for all patients according to Unit Nursing Practice Standards and Specific Care Plans.
- Demonstrates ability to do pre and post-op teaching to the patient and significant other.
- Able to assume call status.
- ACLS required.
Required competencies at end of one years employment:
- Able to demonstrate ability to care for all recovery patients
- Maintains documentation at the department threshhold.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize required policies and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate advanced equipment usage and management of central lines.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers