Towanda Memorial Hospital
Registered and licensed to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
- Compliance with rules and regulations of all federal, state, and local governments is a requirement of employment.
- Identifies patient by asking patient to state name and date of birth prior to any treatment.
- Performs nursing assessment upon admission and throughout the admission as indicated by patient status, and documents data according to unit guidelines.
- Supervises students when they provide patient care, treatment, and services as part of their training.
- Assessments include appropriate documentation of biophysical, psychological, self-care, educational and environmental factors.
- Formulates a written plan of care, identifying appropriate patient problems, appropriate nursing interventions, and desired patient outcomes.
- Includes the patient and family in formulating the plan of care.
- Performs nursing care in compliance with nursing standards of practice and standards of care 100% of the time.
- Initiates discharge planning on admission and referrals as appropriate, continues process throughout the admission.
- Communicates with other disciplines, as necessary, to coordinate the plan of care. Participates in discharge planning, referrals to social services when necessary.
- Performs technical nursing procedures safely, according to hospital policy.
- Explains all procedures, treatments, and medications to patient and family.
- Develops, initiates, and documents effectiveness of patient/family teaching plans utilizing appropriate teaching aides and materials, and documents this information on each patient’s chart appropriately.
- Reports and documents accurately changes in patient's condition and response to nursing care.
- Demonstrates awareness of information found in the patient’s record daily including physician progress notes, laboratory values, x-rays, and nurses notes.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as defined by unit guidelines.
- Assists in orientation of new employees and assumes preceptor role as defined by unit guidelines when appropriate.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of emergency equipment and CPR training, presents pertinent verbal reports of emergency situations, and effectively delegates responsibilities to other staff members and ancillary personnel during an emergency. ACLS competency encouraged.
- Recognizes and assumes patient advocacy role.
Attends designated inservice programs on pediatrics, safety, special situations, infection control, right-to-know, medication error, and adverse drug reactions.
Attends 9 for FT or 6 for PT staff meetings each year.
Keeps informed of fire, safety, and disaster programs by reviewing special situations manual yearly and attending mandatory inservices.
Assists in performing as a relief nurse supervisor when experience completed (See nurse supervisor job description).
Maintains Meditech training and proficiency.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current CPR and practices standard precautions.
1 Year RN experience
How To Apply
If you have any questions regarding this position or our apply process, please call our candidate care team at 1-833-89-NURSE.
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers