The surgical technician handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
1. High School Graduate.
2. BLS within one year of hire
1. Meets one of the following:
· Graduated of an accredited Surgical Technician School
· Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United
States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard.
· Provides evidence that the person was employed as a surgical technologist in a
healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one year, occurring within four years
immediately prior to January 1, 2015.
· May practice surgical technology during a 12 month period immediately following
successful completion of a surgical technology program, but may not continue to be
employed beyond that period without documentation that they hold and maintain
a certified surgical technologist credential required as noted above.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers