Troy Community Hospital
- Performs nursing assessment upon admission and documents according to unit guidelines and performs ongoing nursing assessments as indicated by patient status and nursing unit guidelines.
- Performs nursing care in compliance with nursing standards of practice and policies and procedures. Reports and documents accurately changes in patient’s condition and response to nursing care.
- Evaluates and documents effectiveness of nursing intervention and modifies the plan of care as appropriate.
- Develops, initiates, and documents patient/family teaching plans. Evaluates and documents effectiveness of patient/family education.
- Communicates with others as necessary to coordinate the plan of care for patients and initiates discharge planning and referrals appropriately.
- Participates in quality assurance activities as defined by unit guidelines.
- Completes skills checklist in orientation in accordance with unit guidelines and continues to seek assistance when performing an unfamiliar procedure.
- Maintains the required 12 hours of continuing education per year. Maintains appropriate certifications or practice sessions to meet unit guidelines.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and initiates proper plan of action.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of emergency equipment, presents pertinent verbal reports of emergency situations, and effectively delegates responsibilities to other staff members and ancillary personnel during an emergency.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics to prevent injury to self or patients.
- Demonstrates cost effective patient care by: proper use and care of equipment, appropriate and prudent use of supplies, accurately charging for supplies, other unit specific tasks, and delegates and appropriately utilizes available resources.
- Demonstrates procedures and interprets policies to other members of the healthcare team.
- Must demonstrate respect and consideration for all patients as individuals. Must represent the hospital in a professional, courteous manner to patients, families and the healthcare team while being sensitive to how others perceive both verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Utilizes appropriate resources when faced with complex nursing problems.
- Report on and off duty as scheduled.
- Maintain CPR practice yearly and maintains current CPR certification.
- Successfully passes EKG competency checklist each year.
- Maintains ACLS certification. PALS certification encouraged.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities to teach other staff members.
- Assists in orientation of new employees, and assumes preceptor role when appropriate.
- Participates in the planning and presentation of educational programs.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with all the members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates effective time management, flexibility, and priority setting in patient care.
- Assumes leadership responsibility when appropriate.
- Attends and participates in unit staff meetings.
- Utilizes staff meetings and other appropriate channels to resolve problems.
- Supports the philosophy of the nursing department.
- Demonstrates willingness to accept non-routine work assignments as appropriate.
The staff nurse must be a graduate nurse eligible to take the state board examination or a registered nurse currently licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and must successfully complete an IV and oral medication challenge examination as outlined by the hospital within the orientation period. In addition, the staff registered nurse must meet individual nursing unit specifications regarding educational requirements during employment.
How To Apply
If you have any questions regarding this position or our apply process, please call our candidate care team at 1-833-89-NURSE.
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers