The student summer employment opportunity within the Donald Guthrie Foundation for Research and Education will be split between two functional areas:
- the LEAP Testing Service (LTS) where the student will gain experience in an independent testing laboratory that specializes in testing natural rubber latex products, such as gloves, for the assessment of latex protein levels; and
- the Clinical Research department (CR)
The position is for up to 10 weeks which will begin no earlier than May 1st and end no later than September 30th of that same year.
Summer student employees must be enrolled and/or registered in a college/university or represent the summer before beginning college. Preference is given to a student majoring in or planning to major in biology or similar field.
50% LEAP Testing Service
- Learn to perform laboratory testing of natural rubber latex products, such as gloves, for the assessment of latex protein levels
- Gain a basic understanding ASTM D6499-12 ELISA and ASTM D5712-10 Lowry
- Gain a basic understanding of basic microbiological water testing
- Maintain laboratory quality control charts and records, including temperature and reagent logs
- Prepare various laboratory reagents and use a pH meter
- Use and maintain laboratory equipment/apparatus
50% Clinical Research
- Complete CITI training in human subjects protection for Biomedical Research, and training in Good Clinical Practice
- Utilize Clinical Research database assist with project enrollments
- Assist in quality improvement projects in clinical research
- Assist in preparing regulatory documents and submissions to the Institutional Review Board.
- Assist Research Coordinators prepare research materials for patient visits.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers