Guthrie Home Health of NY
Days - 8 hours
Current licensure in the state of New York.
To ensure the delivery of high quality, safe home physical therapy in accordance with federal, state, professional and agency standards and requirements.
Graduate of recognized school of physical therapy with a Bachelor’s of Science or certificate in Physical Therapy.
1. As a case managing therapist, receives patient assignments and takes responsibility for ensuring the completion of patient assessments, plan of care development, participation in multidisciplinary case conferences, documentation of patient care related information and interventions, communication of the appropriate information to related care providers (home health aides, physicians, nurses, therapists, etc.) and insurances, all in accordance with the policies and procedures developed and implemented by the agency and as a result of effective communication with DOPS.
2. As part of the rehab team, may be required to assist with the development and implementation of any or all of the requirements mentioned above in accordance with the primary nurse, therapist and DOPS
3. Recognizes, understands and supports the philosophy of rehabilitative care from a home health perspective and works to assure each patient achieves optimal functional capacity prior to discharge from home health services.
4. Supervision, including the appropriate documentation regarding the supervision, of care provided by Home Health Aides.
5. Regarding patient related documentation, the home health physical therapist is responsible for ensuring that he or she remains up to date on the most recent federal, state and agency requirements regarding content and time of submission, taking steps to ensure that non-compliance is not an issue.
6. Is responsible for ensuring that he or she is able to meet and complete the yearly competencies and performance requirements as required by the agency and the Guthrie Healthcare System.
7. Recognizes the need for, and importance of, appropriate and well-informed verbal and non-verbal communication regarding patient care and daily agency function, taking steps to ensure the effectiveness of this communication toward a smooth flowing operation involving patients, families, peers, co-workers and others associated with the agency and healthcare system.
8. Meets agency and federal requirements regarding infection control and safety measures for coworkers, patients and their families.
9. Attends staff and other meetings and educational opportunities as required by agency policy and leadership. Agrees to provide leadership in educational opportunities as requested by management personnel.
10. Recognizes the need, and avails themself of the opportunity, to participate in committees and activities sponsored by the agency and the Guthrie Healthcare System.
11. Exhibits an ability and enthusiasm to participate in other activities, projects, studies and more that will lead to the personal and professional growth of themselves and other employees as well as those that support the viability of the agency as a whole. Attends GHS Rehab educational opportunities to maintain professional competency and current practice.
12. Recognizes the need to adjust work hours according to the needs of the agency and the patients it serves. May work in other GHS entities in times of low census in home health.
13. Accepts and strives to achieve visit and productivity requirements, as stipulated, by agency administration.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers