CPR / AED Certification
The Lifeguard is primarily responsible for friendly service, safety and cleanliness of the Aquatic Center. Responsibilities also include those duties as assigned for Front Desk coverage and/or Babysitting coverage.
1. Minimum 1 year experience as a Lifeguard preferred.
2. Current LGI, CPR and First Aid certifications required.
3. Must possess excellent communication, and motivation skills.
4. Must be self-motivated.
5. Must possess competent knowledge of Lifeguard.
1. Requires visual perception and the ability to hear and communicate.
2. Requires active aquatic environment participation and demonstration of skills and equipment used during aquatic activities.
3. Immersed in pool water many times throughout the day, and exposed to pool water chemicals through skin contact and inhalation.
4. Requires lifting of up to 50 pounds for lifeguarding and maneuvering aquatic equipment and supplies.5. Ability to interact effectively with employees, guests and the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
6. Must be able to multi task.
7. Must be good with children.
8. Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
9. Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time10. Must work well with others.
How To Apply
Guthrie is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for a position at Guthrie please visit www.guthrie.org/careers